Head of Recruitment
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
Based in Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and
distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood
cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can
cause significant health problems, even death.Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. Since 2013, BURN has sold 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves
have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa
The Head of Recruitment will apply his/her professional knowledge and expertise to support the HR manager in all Recruitment activities so as to achieve the BURN recruitment strategy. We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment
for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative and contributions.
Main responsibilities will involve:
Skills and Experience
- Managing all recruitment activities in a fast-past environment, responding to applications, queries and arranging interviews accordingly
- Developing and updating job descriptions and job specifications
- Posting adverts on job boards and completing telephone screenings
- Search after candidates on LinkedIn, other portals and other suitable places
- Researching on best job posting options
- Screening of prospective candidates.
- Arranging and sending interview letters/regrets to candidates.
- Building and managing candidates’ database.
- Processing background checks to verify applicant information and ensuring that the minimum hiring requirements are met
- Deliver recruitment reporting such as metrics and regular reporting to ensure relevant stakeholders are informed of progress and make effective recruitment decisions.
- Monitoring and applying HR recruiting best practices
- Assisting the HR team with other duties in HR.
- A minimum 5 years of recruitment experience, preferably
with exposure to high volume recruitment activities
- Bachelor/master’s degree in human resource management
- Previous experience in executive level hiring in both
international and local environment
- Excellent Communication skills in both written and
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews
- Strong decision-making skills
· Detail oriented Highly organized with a strong ability to prioritize for effective
time managementRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),