Head of Support
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Kampala, Nairobi, Nigeria, and Barcelona, we are a venture funded company that is already having huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
We are seeking an experienced customer service professional to lead all support processes for customers and drivers that use SafeBoda. The support team has over 50 people servicing our users through a variety of channels including the call centre, walk in support and social media. The Support team provide world class troubleshooting and care to users across our product line including Ride, Send, the SB Wallet and soon SB Food. The ideal candidate has experience managing and coaching a large team, understands and exemplifies outstanding customer service, is excited by the SafeBoda product and is passionate about providing world class support to the users of the SafeBoda application.
Own the KPIs for call answer rate, ticket handling time, ticket closure rate and customer satisfaction scores across all the SafeBoda support processes for SafeBodas and Customers.
Ensuring that all our support channels (call centre, walk in support, social media) offers the best possible experience each and every time a user requires assistance.
Manage a team of 50 + Support Associates who are experts in delivering outstanding customer service as well having deep technical knowledge on how to troubleshoot all the products and features we have in the Application.
Collect, analyze, and report on Support Tickets - identifying what are the biggest issues are and collaborate with other departments (Operations, Finance, Product, Marketing, Food) to improve the experience for drivers and customers
Identifying and implementing strategies to improve the experience when a customer and driver needs assistance
Forecasting volume, determining capacity needs and own scheduling in our call centre and driver walk in centre
Manage and implement the necessary support tools and systems to deliver outstanding customer experience
Manage multiple projects and be a resourceful multi-tasker that can execute a number of tasks to get things done
- Have +7 years in a Call Centre or Customer Service role in any industry
- Eat, breathe and sleep outstanding Customer Service. Lead by example in how you do this.
- Be comfortable to work in tough conditions not always with easy answers to challenges
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to service a diverse set of clients. The Support Team look after boda drivers, passengers, business users, vendors and more etc. All must receive the same level of customer service.
- Be highly proactive ability to move fast, innovate and find creative solutions
- Have experience in managing the output of large teams and be hugely passionate about coaching and mentoring resources
- Be an analytical problem-solver. You quickly identify key metrics of success, digest complex data sets, and build data-driven action plans to respond to market conditions.
- Be able to stay poised and calm under pressure. You follow through on tasks and view challenges as opportunities.
- Love our product and be curious about how it works
- Be process-driven. You have exceptional organizational skills, and constantly look to keep improving systems.
- Be an excellent communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're responding to inquiries or explaining a new policy.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Fluent in Luganda
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team. .
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
Luganda (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself