Head of Tax and Treasury
Career Directions LtdNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
The role is responsible for managing Tax, Treasury, Insurance and Asset Management.
Educational Background & Experience
Educational Background & Experience
- Graduate in Business Management or finance and a qualified accountant (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Experience with tax management in a busy commercial environment or one of the reputable professional services firm would be an advantage
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of experience preferably in a busy commercial environment and/or reputable audit firm involved in financial accounting/finance. At least 3 years in Leadership or Management position
- Cash Management (financing, investment, foreign currency risk identification and hedging management)
- Information system understanding especially ERP environment and reporting tools
- General Legal knowledge on tax matters – especially relating to contracts
- General Risk Management understanding (insurance risk, Forex risk)
- Internal Control Standard Understanding
- Team player who is able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good planning and analytical abilities with strategic thinking: able to identify, propose and execute strategies while noting impact of the same on other areas of the business.
- Problem Solving – ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Negotiation skills – ability to convince e.g. tax authorities, reviewing contracts and facilities.
- High integrity
- Responsibility for Group Tax planning to minimize tax expense and take advantage of tax reduction opportunities.
- Ensuring full compliance with regulatory tax requirements and group policy on tax in the tax jurisdictions.
- Coordination and information provision on all tax enquiries from regulatory authorities and the group.
- Preparation of period-end tax computations for the group, monthly management accounts input, half yearly commentaries on the group statutory accounts, quarterly group tax risk and HFM tax reporting.
- Development, implementation and monitoring all tax-related internal controls within the group.
- Responsibility for creating tax awareness within the group especially for high impact non-repetitive transaction
- Responsibility for development, implementation and monitoring of all capex and fixed assets internal controls by ensuring that the group has in place policy guidelines and procedures for accurate capture, valuation and reporting of asset transactions.
- Ensuring accurate accounting and reporting of capital work-in-progress (CWIP) and fixed assets (FA) for the group.
- Management of the group’s leased assets portfolio by ensuring that the company has adequate lease facilities to finance its requirements.
- Currency and commodity risk management and hedge accounting:
- Lead in Medium and Long term external financing for key projects, intercompany loans agreements, alternative financing means (leasing).
- Link with Banks on Line (restricted to registered users), Bank ratings, bank portfolio optimization.
- Ensure each company is up to date and properly implemented treasury controls & procedures that are working are in practice.
- Ensure an effective and efficient cash transmission process that meets objectives of moving cash around as quickly as possible, while at the same time protecting the cash from loss.
- Dealing with authorized counter-parties for foreign exchange transactions, short term borrowing transactions, and short term deposit transactions and in short term SWAP transactions.
- Ensure effective and accurate forecasts including cash (liquidity), commodity & currency.
- 8. Ensure that all reports to the group and to any relevant third party have been properly prepared, are accurate and are submitted on time.
- 9. Proactively manage the company working capital performance.
- Implement and follow up with the key global group policies and act as the key contact with the group Risk & Insurance competency centre.
- Manage the local insurance policies, including selection, relations with brokers/insurers and claim management.
- Implementation of the Group loss prevention policy (Property Damage) and Insurance risk surveys & risk assessments in conjunction with plant technical staff.
- Management and follow up of losses in relation with Insurance brokers and loss adjusters.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Career Directions Ltd has no other jobs
Branch Team Leader
Custom location, / Progressive Credit Limited
Head of Finance
Kampala / M-KOPA SOLAR
Senior Programme Management Officer
Nairobi / United Nations Environment Programme
Senior Collections Manager (Financial Service)
Nairobi / Summit Recruitment & Search
General Manager, Finance and ICT
Nairobi / Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation’s (REREC’s)