Head of Training and Support
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The Head of Training & Support is a one-of-a-kind position that provides an unparalleled opportunity for the right individual to play an important role in developing Uganda’s future leaders and transforming the lives of thousands of students in Uganda. Teach For Uganda is looking for a highly experienced individual who has a passion for building a young and dynamic team that will train and support our fellows to become exceptional leaders in the classroom and beyond.
The individual must be a strategic thinker, an outstanding relationship builder, and a skilled manager who can lead a team to achieve ambitious results in an entrepreneurial environment.
S/he will lead and manage a team of 3 Leadership Development Officers who will work closely with 76 Fellows throughout their two-year commitment, helping them to dramatically impact student achievement levels in the classroom, and cultivating them to become future leaders across various professional sectors as alumni of the Fellowship. The Head of Training & Support will have the opportunity to shape team and fellow cultures, design and execute fellow training programs, measure program impact and innovate in the areas of teacher coaching/mentoring and leadership development. The Head of Training & Support is also a member of Teach For Uganda’s Senior Leadership Team and will have the opportunity to help steer the overall direction of the organization.
● Create vision for participant impact, learning & leadership (including refining existingRequired education
student outcomes and leadership competencies)
● Co/develop key metrics to monitor and/or measure student, participant and cohort
● Determine the strategic priorities of the training and support team
● Design and sequence overall training and ongoing support structures and key learning experiences to cultivate Fellow leadership
● Directly contribute and support team in design and facilitation of excellent teacher
training and leadership development
● Secure, modify and/or create a range of resources and tools to boost program aims
(e.g., curricular and coaching resources, etc.)
● Develop, strengthen & maintain external partnerships (e.g., universities, district,
schools, NGOs etc.) to inform, complement and enhance training and support
● Research innovative and effective pedagogy and curriculum to inform and improve
existing training curriculum
● Plan and execute a 6-week residential training for fellows
● Actively source, hire and onboard training and support team
Provide ongoing management to ensure team sets ambitious goals, regularly reflects on progress & adjusts as needed to meet them
● Coach and develop all team members to grow their own skills and leadership to meet program outcomes.
● Foster strong team culture to ensure team satisfaction, retention and effectiveness
● Develop and maintain team structures, division of labor and budget that will best
accomplish program aims.
● Oversee communication to Fellows through examples such as Newsletters, Training
Calendar updates and administrative items
● Serve as member of senior leadership team to strengthen alignment, effectiveness and culture across the organization
● Contribute actively to a range of critical cross-functional projects
● Champion training and support efforts internally and externally to gain support and
champions across stakeholders.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
2 days left to apply