Head of Travel
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to: Global Head of TravelLocation: Nairobi, Kenya
Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data- driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya and Pakistan.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
As Swvl continues to expand its Intercity services around the world, the Swvl team is looking for a motivated hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment to take Swvl’s Travel to the next level.
As the Travel head for Swvl, you will own the growth strategy of our intercity services in the Kenya region, be responsible for developing and motivating a high-performing operations team, and build a strong network with internal and external partners and continue focusing on expansion strategies.We are looking for an experienced business leader with a proven track record of leading matrixed teams and exceeding targets. To be successful in the role, we need a motivated self-starter with an engaging personality and strategic mentality who thrives in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Lead Swvl’s Travel in Kenya. Drive overall business strategy and ensure smooth execution, operations, and profitable business growth of this important part of Swvl’s strategy.
- Explore untapped market and look for new travel destinatins to generate and expand business in Kenya.
- Lead a high bar organization across Kenya to enable Swvl Travel to scale through high-impact programs executed both centrally through HQ and localized through key markets.
- Build go-to-market processes, establish performance KPIs, and drive organization and operations effectiveness.
- Work closely with local operations and marketing teams to ensure the successful implementation of strategies and deploy resources to build the Swvl Travel product in several locations.
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, BD, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, finance and other senior leaders in the region to set strategy and drive execution.
- Cultivate and maintain deep relationships with both business partners and new prospects
- Own the overall team performance and pacing towards our business goals
- Plan the team headcount & structure to achieve target business sales goals
- Be a subject matter expert in your domain, constantly review the market to determine changing needs
- Drive your team to expand knowledge and nurture professional development and performance.
What You’ll Need
- 8-12 years of experience managing teams, operations strategy
- Experience working effectively with internal and external partners in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment.
- A portfolio of business achievements growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets, business objectives, and larger company goals.
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership established through persuasion - leading by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 10 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Swvl has no other jobs
Nairobi / United Nations
Strategic Partnership Manager
Kiambu / Burn
Nairobi / Stellar Physio
Nairobi / University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services
Assistant Commercial & Operation Manager
Kampala / Exquisite Solution Limited (Uganda)