Head Teacher (Primary School)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor of Education from an institution accredited by the Commission for University Education.
• Diploma in Early Childhood Education examined by the Kenya National Examinations Council
• TSC Registration
• Computer literacy skills with a high level of proficiency in keyboard operations and use of MS Office, the internet and email.
• Five (5) years relevant working experience.
• Counselling and coaching skills
• Basic First Aid skills
Key Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• High level of accuracy
• Ability to maintain confidences
• High levels of integrity
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent leadership skills
• Develop and implement the education curriculum for the pupils’ academic and holistic excellence while promoting a positive (physical, social, spiritual) learning environment
• Planning, budgeting, procurement, coordination and implementation of all School’s activities and departmental policies
• Lead implementation of the School’s mission and strategy by the teaching staff team
• Managing the teaching staff activities, discipline and performance and professional development within the School’s and Tsc guidelines
• Provide support in recruitment of the teaching staff
• Ensure the School remains compliant to education sector requirements and changes
• Maintain a high performance of the school through innovation, constant improvement, attention to learners’ needs and mobilizing required resources
• Teaching pupils; formulating the school’s time-table; preparing classroom and teaching aids in line with the approved curricular/ guidelines from Ministry of Education
• On behalf of the School, maintain good relations with relevant stakeholders in the education sector, keeping up with latest information, trends and best practices
• Cultivate good and open relations with teachers, parents and Directors, providing timely information to maximize their involvement in the School’s plans, activities and resource development to the best interest of the pupils.
• Ensure relevant and timely information is provided to guide parents in the process of pupil enrollment and admission to the School.
• Any other duties that may be assigned.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)