Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Be part of healthcare’s next frontier, where we provide personalised health care that focuses on the patient’s needs and drives great health outcomes.
The Health Navigator will be responsible for helping Antara Health’s beneficiaries understand who our partner healthcare providers are, the services that they provide, where partner healthcare providers are located, how Antara Health’s beneficiaries can access available health and wellness interventions, including nutritional services, physiotherapy services, fitness activities and adopt healthy behaviours.
The Health Navigator supports Antara Health's beneficiaries as they engage with the health system and informs them about the appropriate use of available preventive and promotive primary healthcare services.
As a priority, the Health Navigator will promote, maintain, and improve the health of the beneficiary, provide social support and informal counseling, advocate for individuals and family health needs, and provide services such as medication support, blood pressure screening, accompaniment to appointments.
Each Health Navigator is responsible for managing all clinical and administrative duties for his/her cohort of beneficiaries and their families with the highest degree of professionalism, including but not limited to the following:
- Establish trusting relationships with Antara Health's beneficiaries and their families
- Maintaining professional, caring, and regular lines of communication with Antara Health's beneficiaries and their families
- Conduct onboarding interviews with each Antara Health beneficiary in his/her panel, including:
- Confirming enrollment details and taking medical history
- Enrolling patients into Antara Health's approved service providers
- Assisting with registration with or renewal of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) cover, where necessary
- Proposing the nearest clinical service provider to which the beneficiary should be linked
- Assist Antara Health beneficiaries to schedule their first appointment with Antara's health providers
- Provide appointment reminders
- Advocate for beneficiaries by ensuring they receive prompt and professional service, and being on standby for assistance should an issue arise
- Ensure that each Antara Health beneficiary in their cohort has a care management plan in place, noting key milestones and the timeline for achievement of said milestones
- Follow-up with Antara Health beneficiaries via phone calls and home visits where necessary to ensure appropriate understanding of health conditions and how the conditions need to be managed, and offer additional support as needed
- Be knowledgeable about community resources appropriate to needs of Antara's customers/families.
- Serve as the point of first contact for any disputes, concerns, questions or suggestions regarding the quality, timeliness or appropriateness of service provision
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
2 days left to apply