Health Worker: To bring Medical Education to the school, (not a Nurse)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the School Principal and the Head of Administration, the school has a vacancy for a Health Worker who will be responsible for the general health education and for the children at the school.The role is a part time one, entailing 10 hours per week.
Please note: we are not looking to hire a nurse as a Health Worker. This position is to bring Medical Education to the school.
The requirements for each applicant should be as follows:
· Bachelor’s Degree· Certified Health Education Specialist Credentials, or equivalent· At least 3 years related experience· Excellent communication and leadership skills· Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively· Strong report writing and record keeping ability· Good computer skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to speak and understand German will be an added advantage
- Setting up and evaluating proven standards for acute careand first aid provided by the school nurse with guidance and trainings by thehealth worker
- Carrying out FirstAid trainings officially recognized in general first aid and first aid inchildren for staff and students according to the age group in German andEnglish language
- Supporting a heathy school environment by implementingactions for general health promotion
- Infection prevention according to German law regardinghygiene standards, infectious diseases and immunisation
- Early recognition of warning signs of possible healthconditions by providing simple test procedures and specific counselling
- Case conference with all professions involved for studentswith medical conditions, supporting students, parents and teachers to manageand cope with existing health conditions
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with networking partnersworking in the health and educating sector.
- Person of trust for students to speak to about health or anyrelated problems to arrange assistance accordingly
- Health promotion and prevention by using existing anddeveloping new educational material to educate children and staff on theimportance of healthcare and a healthy lifestyle
- Advocating for improved health resources and policies thatpromote good health and a healthy lifestyle
- Playing a supportingteaching role for health-related topics and projects in the school, providingeducational material and tutoring students
- Addressing and dealing with children who need to overcomedrug and, or alcohol addictions
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
German (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),