Salary range: Confidential | Contract type:
You have today left to apply for this job.
A leading hotels in Kenya, They seek to recruit a Host/Hostess to presents a positive first impression of the establishment’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards.
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter’s name
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests
- Observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
- Issue dining charges by verifying orders; calculating taxes; totaling bill for to-go orders
- Receive payments by validating credit charges; approving checks; accepting currency; calculating and issuing change for ToGo orders
- Reconcile cash drawer by proving cash transactions; listing checks and credit card charges for to-go orders
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)