This is a supervisory position. The ideal candidate will be expected to work in liaison with the Front Office Manager reporting to the General Manager. They will be responsible for the supervision of the Housekeeping Operations.
1. Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, concourses, seating areas, washrooms, restaurants, concession stands, suites, and all public spaces.
2. Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
3. Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff, and public area staff
4. Re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory
5. Work in liaison with the HR department to recruit, schedule and train all new
housekeeping staff members
6. Maintain the housekeeping budget ensuring all supplies are used appropriately
7. Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct
8. Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department
9. Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
10. Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
11. Responsible for the Daily Room Status Report
12. Ensure that all room and laundry attendants follow the professional procedures of attending to their duties
13. Liaise with the stores department to ensure that quality products are bought for the department.
14. Liaise with the HR department to schedule and conduct training for the Housekeeping staff
15. Any other duty as may be assigned by the Management.
1. To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service
2. To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and team members
3. To review and act on Guest feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility to achieve positive and consistent results
4. To ensure routine maintenance is carried out in your areas of responsibility,
reporting any damage, wear and tear, ensuring room faults are rectified
1. To lead and create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensure high level of commitment and pride in the hotel
2. To ensure effective communication with your team by holding regular briefing
sessions and attending all management meetings
3. To carry out quality planned training and development in a systematic and
professional way in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in
individual team member’s personal development.
4. To compile the department’s training plan to meet the hotel’s business objectives and develop team members
5. To carry out performance reviews for team members periodically
6. To set clear departmental objectives for team members
7. To coordinate the recruitment of new departmental team members in line with the Company’s policy
8. To continuously counsel and coach colleagues
9. To review success of training in meeting objectives
10. To correct unacceptable behavior and performance in line with the company