HR Associate-Talent Acquisition, Retention & Culture
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
The Talent Acquisition, Retention & Culture Associate is responsible for designing and managing the organization strategic workforce plans, talent acquisition strategies and human capital development in line with the overall company strategic plan. Establish, oversee, and improve the programs and processes required to enable EAMVL to grow our people resources to meet our future business needs, in line with Company practices, policies, and procedures.Reports To: Human Resource & Administration Manager
• Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and/or professional qualification in a related field is an added advantage.
• Active membership to a relevant professional body.
• Minimum 4 – 5 years’ experience of working in talent acquisition and retention or generalist HR environment with a reputable organization especially from a manufacturing background.
• Demonstrate experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels in all aspects of talent acquisition and retention strategies.
• Experience in data processing, use of MS Office Suite, HRISs, and ideally in supporting others to use HRIS.
• Previous experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector.
• Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and databases.
• A passion for developing employer branding.
• Proficient in the use of social media and job boards.
• Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different roles.
Skills and Abilities
1.Talent Acquisition & Retention Strategies
- Project annual workforce planning & staffing needs for the Administrative and Technical Departments and implement the company’s recruitment and selection processes in line with the HR Manual, annual strategic planning, business objectives, forecasting and budget.
- Provide support in building talent within EAMVL, working with managers to understand their staffing needs, devising solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
- Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places to improve efficiency.
- Develop and execute strategic, modern talent acquisition strategies, to enable the organization to identify, attract and hire the best talent in support of EAMVL’s strategic plan.
- Support the HR & Administration Manager in championing and leading the organizational talent review and succession planning process, in accordance with the developed guidelines and tools.
- Improve gender diversity and drive the improvements of talent attraction and recruitment approaches.
- Propose best practices in talent acquisition relevant to EAMVL context, including building and maintaining strategic partnerships through a database of relevant job boards, networks, professional associations, academic institutions, talent sourcing institutions, recruitment agencies, job sites, attend career fairs, assessment centers and other recruiting sources for internship placements, whilst ensuring the constant presence of a talent pipeline.
- Prepare and post all job advertisements for all vacant positions on appropriate channels and ensure wide and appropriate distribution, including e-filing of applications, managing job postings on social media and company website.
- Carry out due diligence and/or timely background checks and providing feedback on findings to aid in hiring decisions.
- Lead employment branding initiatives and take steps to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection, induction, and placement of staff, and ensure equal employment opportunity.
- Manage all candidate communications, including preparing and tracking offer letters, employment contracts, and other related documentation, e.g., preparing Personnel Action Forms as required and draft/track staff movements, send out notifications on any changes, and provision of timely and accurate staffing analytics across the various contract types and modalities.
- Manage the recruitment processes in collaboration with hiring managers, ensuring compliance with standards in resourcing, recruiting, orientation/induction, contracting procedures and provide timely progress reports.
- Support the development and implementation of succession planning.
- Coordinate talent management efforts in line with EAMVL’s talent management process.
- Maintain employee contracts and ensure compliance with EAMVL policies and local labor laws.
- Manage the employee life cycle including recruiting, orientation and induction, contracts management, and separation, i.e., conduct exit interviews, ensure completion of the exit clearance process, and issue certificates of service to members of staff who exit.
- Monitor up-to-date data and information on staffing matters including staff establishment records.
- Ensure and follow-up implementation of audit recommendations.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
1 days left to apply
East African Medical Vitals Ltd
East African Medical Vitals (EAMV) is setting up a state of the art medical consumables manufacturing plant in Namanve Industrial Park, with the aim of supplying the East African and COMESA markets with affordable and good quality sundries that include medical gloves and syringes. EAMV’s target markets include Tanzania, Rwanda, DRC and South Sudan among others. The company has an offtake agreement with Uganda’s Ministry of Health to provide Government health facilities with select medical consumables through the National Medical Stores.
Meet your new colleagues
1 days left to apply