Job verified by Fuzu
One Acre Fund | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
HR Innovations Manager
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Human resources
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
• One Acre Fund believes its most valuable asset is its people. We invest significant resources in our team, including trialing new and innovative ways of recruiting, developing, and retaining talent. Our goal is to build a team of the world’s best international development professionals who are committed to putting Farmers First.
• Our Internal HR Consulting team is tasked with helping One Acre Fund achieve its most pressing people-related goals. The HR Innovations Manager will be an instrumental HR leader at an organization serving 6,000 staff across 11 countries and grapple with key business questions including:
• How do we build a diverse team?
• How do we instill a high-performance culture across staff from increasingly different backgrounds and geographies?
• How do we make One Acre Fund one of the top companies to work for in East Africa?
• The role will involve identifying, designing, and executing strategically important projects to fill the most critical gaps in People at One Acre Fund.
Provide solutions to the organization’s highest-priority human capital challenges. Previous projects include:
• Managing an employee satisfaction survey distributed to 6000 staff at all levels of the organization. The HR Innovations Manager will oversee analysis and communication of results, identify the highest-priority areas for improvement, and propose and execute interventions.
• Trialling new methods of recruiting diverse talent at leadership levels. The Manager collaborated with leadership and the Recruitment team to design three new outreach initiatives to identify strong candidates for senior roles.
• Initiating a rigorous leadership development program to recruit top talent from One Acre Fund’s countries of operation, train them in a rigorous leadership course, and promote the highest performers to take on increased responsibility.
• Collaborate with the Global Director of People and heads of our Internal Consulting, Recruitment, Training & Development, and Global HR teams to set global People strategy.
• Champion new organizational People priorities by using data to connect proposed initiatives to One Acre Fund’s business goals.
• Thought-partner with other leaders in the People Division, including the heads of the Recruitment, Training & Development, and Global HR teams, as well as People Division leads in each country.
• Generate new, impactful work to maintain a robust pipeline of important and under-resourced projects.
• Liaise with organization leadership to effectively prioritize work and allocate the right resources to the right projects at the right time.CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
The HR Innovations Manager role has the potential to grow from a project to people management role, leading a flexible team responsible for project execution. For exceptionally high performers, the role also has a clear trajectory to the most senior level of leadership at One Acre Fund, for exceptionally high performers.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Human resourcesSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Human resource and personnel development; Organize and manage recruitment campaigns; Strategizing; Process developmentRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply