Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
• Sanivation is a social enterprise dedicated to improving overall health,dignity, and the environment by transforming waste into an eco-friendly fuel.
• Currently recruiting for someone to build our HR team full time in Naivasha
• Requirements: BA.BS Degree, HR management experience of more than 6 years. Ideally applicants have specific experience in creating and running a quickly growing company.
• Sanivation is a social enterprise that provides cost-effective sanitation services to help realize sustainability in urbanizing communities.
o What does this mean? We turn human poop (yes human poop) into charcoal and firewood substitutes to help curb deforestation and protect the environment form untreated human waste.
• We currently operate three fuel factories, two in Naivasha and one in Kakuma Refugee Camp. We have plans to scale to five more factories in the next two years.
• We are a young fast growing company with current full-time staff of 70 people, with growth to over 100 by end of 2018.
As a startup engaged in quick growth, it is imperative that we focus on developing our talent here at Sanivation. We believe that focusing on growing our current staff ability, recruiting key people, and creating an engaging workplace will be the key to our ambitious scale plans over the next two years.
To date, Sanivation has not had a defined HR team or processes. We are looking for someone who has ability and passion to develop the entire strategy from the ground up. This role will be part of the key leadership team at Sanivation and will work directly with the co-founder Emily Woods.
• BS/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
• 6 – 8 years HR generalist experience with at least 3 years of management
• Human resource work with a diversity of cultures and nationalities
• Experience working in or with a startup engaged in extreme growth phase
• Experience in running human resource in Kenya
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Ability to create and lead strategy for an entire department
• Superb human interaction skills
Developing and maintaining Sanivation’s Human Resource Department
scope, strategy and systems
Evaluating and recommending to executive team the current and
future needs for Human Resource at Sanivation
Creating and operating the strategy for the entire Human Resource
needs for Sanivation
Systematizing needed procedures for ongoing human resource
department operations (i.e. annual reviews, benefits, recruiting,
Developing current staff capacity and ability at Sanivation
Performing and training managers to perform consistent skills and
engagement assessments of current staff
Design and maintain initial employment training and ongoing
capability training to all staff
Maintain a culture of continuous improvement and growth
Talent acquisition (Ensuring that we have the right people on the bus and that they continue to be challenged and valued)
Designing and executing recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate,
and hire qualified candidates.
Evaluating and refining sourcing and selection procedures.
Ensure proper onboarding and training for new hires
Human Resource Administration
Managing the required admin procedures for on boarding new
staff, payroll and benefits, staff leave, and maintaining key records
• Passion for developing people and creating an engaging workplace
• Ability to give and create respect for all people
• Comfort with ambiguity, risk and change; we are a startup building
something completely new so the road will be bumpy and exciting!
• Confidence to say the unpopular thing, raise opposing viewpoints,Required education
questions decisions made from above
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Employee guidelines and onboarding; Human resource and personnel development; Organizational reforms and change management; Organize and manage recruitment campaigns; Payroll; Talent management and planning; Compensation and benefits; Employee relations and consultationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)