Job verified by Fuzu
Norwegian Refugee Council | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Human Resource Intern - National Position
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Human resources
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
NRC’s Horn of Africa & Yemen operation comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across nine countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, South Sudan and Yemen), and most recently Eritrea, Uganda and Tanzania. NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to ensure a greater number of vulnerable people in hard to reach areas get access to humanitarian assistance, become resilient to future disasters and find durable solution. The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardization of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
NRC is seeking to recruit a Human Resource Intern in its Regional office. NRC encourages fresh graduates to apply for this position. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
This is a 6 months internship contract that is intended to help the fresh graduates to gain work experience for future employments opportunities in the market.
• In liaison with the other support functions at the Regional Office, ensure that the learning event timelines are implemented and adhered to.
• Assist with the preparation of reports for the intensive learning programs
and one off learning events.
• Assist the Regional HR Coordinator (Capacity Building) in preparing training
• Assist with the updating of the regional training database and the
• compilation of monthly/ quarterly learning updates.
• Undertake research, write, create presentations and produce briefs on
• training and development.
• Assist with pre and post learning/ training events tasks (preparing support
• materials for facilitators , follow up of participants, and creating action items
post learning events)
• Schedule and invite candidates for interviews and written tests
• Administer written tests and submit coded tests for grading
• Administration of Webcruiter (recruitment software), including updating
• candidate status’, sending correspondence to candidates through the system;
closing out vacancies
• Assist in preparation of Interview Guides
• Assist in interviews, though note taking and preparation of recruitment
• Assist in filling HR documents
• Complete other administrative tasks when needed
• Any other duties as assigned
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Human resourcesSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Business strategy; Reporting; Employee relations and consultations; Employee contracts; Organizational reforms and change management; Labour/employment law; Organize and manage recruitment campaigns; Human resource and personnel developmentRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply