Fuzu Exclusive Job
Afralti | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Human Resources Officer
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Human resources
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
AFRALTI is looking for well organized, highly motivated and results oriented individual to join an energetic team and help the Institute transform into a Centre of Excellence in the region.
Purpose of the Job
The Human Resources Officer will provide support to all aspects of the human resources function by ensuring the availability of a competent and well motivated staff in line with our human resources policies and procedure
Policy and Strategy:
- Develop the HR strategy for the Institute through identification of initiatives to improve and maintain the optimal levels and quality of human resources.
- Guide management and employees on interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Conduct a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Identify and monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the Institute’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Assist in the design and implementation of organizational change processes needed to achieve organizational goals.
Training and Development:
- Ensure all employee information and personnel files are up-to-date.
- Develop, control and monitor the HR budget.
- Process and administer all leave entitlements, offs, data update and exploitation of the HR database.
- Ensure leave entitlement plan is prepared and adhered to.
- Co-ordinate meetings i.e. departmental, Occupational Health and Safety or any other employee related meeting, talk or seminar.
- Co-ordinate all Occupational Safety and Health activities through monthly inspections and make recommendations (where necessary) to management.
- Determine and recommend employee relation practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Monitor and advice Heads of Units and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the Institute.
- Facilitate all personnel administration of employees from recruitment to separation.
- Review and guide management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Develop annual manpower plan for permanent, contract and casual employees to ensure the Institute service levels are not disrupted.
- Participate in management and staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
- Process the payroll and ensure that all statutory and benefits’ deductions and remittances are processed and submitted on time i.e. PAYE, Withholding Tax, NSSF,NHIF, pension and other statutory returns
- Ensure salary advances are paid and deducted as per Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor and check that all Employees emoluments are administered as per Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure employee salaries are not overdrawn by over commitment on loans or advances.
- Conduct guidance and counseling for staff on a need basis.
Recruitment & Selection
- Coordinate all Human Resources training programs for the Institute.
- Facilitate provision of training materials for in – house workshops, seminars etc.
- Facilitate internal and on job training to ensure that employees are competent to handle all their duties (capacity building).
- Assist in the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance appraisals.
- Assist Heads of Departments with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of training service providers.
- Assist with the development of and monitor the spending of the Institute’s training budget.
- Maintain employee training records.
- Budget, analyze and identify corporate, departmental and individual employee training needs.
- Advice and support management on departmental and individual employee development needs and opportunities.
- Provide employees with career development opportunities while in the employment of the Institute.
- Carry out post-training evaluations to assess the impact of training and development programmes.
Personal behaviors and competencies:
- Establish and assist in the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Co-ordinate recruitment process and ensure adherence to the recruitment Policies, Rules and procedures.
- Screen all applications in line with job specifications and the Institute’s recruitment policy.
- Assist management with the interview selection process.
- Facilitate the induction and orientation of new employees.
- Issue out all necessary documentations for employee recruitment.
- Perform any another duty that may be assigned by the management.
- Ability to work as part of a team, exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to interpret and problem solve general administrative and departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to use initiative and seek direction when appropriate
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing demands
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Human resourcesSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Human resource and personnel development; Organize and manage recruitment campaigns; Payroll; Talent management and planning; Personnel administration (working hours, holidays); Training delivery; Employee relations and consultationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply