NFT Consult Kenya | Kakamega, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
ICT and Data Specialist
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
NFT Consult (K) Ltd is looking for an IT and Data Specialist to supplement our Clients team in Kakamega. We are looking for a candidate that has a minimum of (3) three years of (proven) IT experience in ERP and application development with either the experience or the ability to develop our Odoo ERP system (www.odoo.com). The IT and Data Specialist should haves a n University Degree in ICT, Computer Science or a related field. He/she understands how to maintain and develop databases including integration between different systems, system security and the key understanding of maintenance of the ICT infrastructure. Either through education or experience the ICT and Data Specialist has the ability to think in business processes and knows how to translate these processes them into ICT and data solutions that benefit the company.
Our Client is a young and dynamic company that is looking for people that can adapt to ever changing situations and can work within the setting of a larger team, pro-actively towards the objectives of the company.
1. Maintenance, Development and implementation of the ERP (Odoo) system with connected IT applications
- Be the guardian of the Odoo ERP within the client site
- Assure that there is absolute data integrity within the ERP system
- Create automated processes to import external data into the system and export data from the system that need to be used outside of the system
- Look for the need of additional (field/handheld) applications and assure that they are properly connected with the ERP system
- Develop and implement a system of preventive maintenance and control of the system
- Develop and improve applications within the Odoo system in close co-operation with the responsible member of the Management Team
- Assure accuracy of ERP processes and data by duly testing the developments and adaptations
2. Assurance of an optimal working ICT system and infrastructure within the means of the organization.
- Assure the Internet capacity for the organization is sufficient and monitor ISP on the agree SLA/bandwith.
- Create, install and configure the ICT infrastructure, programs and hardware to assure ERP and other ICT systems can function optimal
- Balance ICT resources with ICT expenses.
- Develop implement and enforce ICT policies to ensure the hardware assets in the organization are sufficient and well maintained including set up of a system of issuing and ownership of the users, access controls and firewalls
- Advice on, and, after approval, execute ICT optimization by resolving bottle necks
- Monitor and report misuse of the system and hardware by staff and maintain systems according to requirements
3. Support Business Process Optimization
- Find bottlenecks, double or inefficient work and causes for errors within the current system
- Give suggestions for improvements based on proper analysis
- Suggest opportunities for improved customer experience and or ability for staff to improve their work
- Facilitate discussions within the Management Team through giving input and advice to MT members in what and how to improve the business processes.
- Create Management information on the major cost drivers within Data capturing and ERP functionalities
4. Support Data and ICT focused innovation
- Assure proper capturing of management and market data either continuous or incidental
- Create reports based on existing and or new data combinations to create insight in market,
- customers and business to improve the decision making of the organization
- Suggest changes and innovation based on New Product Development, New Business
- Development or business optimalization.
- Support Donor Funded Projects that are concerned with data gathering.
- Increase skills within the organization related to data, ICT and data accuracy through training and manual/wiki development
5. Support Other Departments
- Report any issues within the organization and within the ICT system to Senior Management
- Give information actively and pro-actively with regards to systems and structures
- During deliveries be available for physical distribution or any other assignment
- Give information about unwanted behavior too the credit department
- Support the data, finance and other departments based on instructions of management team members.
General Informationtranslation missing: en.pages.job_page.salary_range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KakamegaArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Reporting; Testing and debugging; System administration; Service Level Agreement (SLA); Enterprise Resource Planning - ERP system (use of); IT equipment installation and configuration; IT support; TroubleshootingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)