ICT Africa is a consulting firm specializing in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), IT Hardware & Networking solutions, Business Analytics and Dashboards as well as other ICT requirements for mid-to-large sized companies across the region. ICT Africa helps firms to evaluate and select software, manage the implementation, and facilitate related organizational changes to ensure that each of our clients realize the full business benefits of their ERP implementation. We also offer IT strategy and expert witness services.
Reporting to the Enterprise Solutions Lead the principal responsibilities will entail providing first point of contact of skilled support to ICT end consumers, ensure ICT consumers are maximizing utilization of various technologies at their disposal for productive outcomes and to ensure organizational policies with regards to ICT are enforced and monitored.
Required education and professional qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Higher Diploma from a recognized Institution and Vendors Certification in relevant and current subject matter (Microsoft / Cisco/ VMware). He /she should have knowledge of endpoint operating systems by Microsoft, Google, Linux and Apple. He /she should also have knowledge of business productivity applications for email, internet and collaboration
Required relevant work experience: At least 2-3yrs experience in a similar role and industry
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
• Good Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
Endpoint hardware/software support
• Deploy/configure/maintain endpoint ICT hardware and software.
• Endpoint devices refer to all devices used to access information technology by end users; includes desktop computers, laptops and tabs, mobile devices, peripherals e.g. printers, scanner, ups etc. It also includes the operating systems running on these devices
• The role involves professional setup, end-user configuration(training), securing, updating and upgrading these technologies.
• Provide periodic maintenance (cleaning and lubricating) refresh software systems to ensure optimum performance.
• Maintain network infrastructure (servicing network points, manage cable runs, labeling of service points).
• Provide first point of support for user issues. Escalate user issues to level two support for expert assistance.
• Act as trusted advisor to ICT consumer and proactively engage.
Regulation and compliance
• Ensure organizational policies regarding information systems is enforced and monitored E.g. policies regarding use of data, access to and use of ICT resource.
• Document and maintain up-to-date inventory of ICT infrastructure
• Ensure all service calls are recorded in the provided call management system, attended to and resolved within SLA timeframes in line with ITIL standards.
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application: