Job verified by Fuzu
UNHCR | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Information Management Officer
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Information Management OfficerApplication Analyst
Ceridian Mauritius Ltd
Mobile Social Enterprise
Recruitment and Technical Sales
KMBERIA AND PARTNERS ADVOCATES
Jobs in Information technology, software development, dataMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
In close coordination and consultation with the Senior Regional Information Management Officer and, as applicable, relevant units at Headquarters (e.g. FICSS, Bureau) the Information Management Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing a country-specific Information Management strategy.
S/he will be responsible for broadly supporting the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern to the Country Office, including, but not limited to Protection and Programme information.
The Information Management Officer will liaise with sectoral leads to gather information for further analysis and dissemination and identify information gaps. Where information gaps exist, the Information Management Officer may help setting up primary data collection systems and organise needs assessments, which may also involve other stakeholders.
In the case of refugee operations, the Information Management Officer will coordinate information management activities relevant to all aspects of the operation and across organizations.
For IDP operations, the Information Management Officer will coordinate information management within and provide information management services to the UNHCR-led clusters and act as IM focal point for those clusters with OCHA.
- The Office has a clear and comprehensive Information Management strategy which guides all IM activities in the country.
- The Office has stepped up to its leadership role in providing quality Information Management services and delivers reliable, accessible and user-friendly, relevant, predictable, appropriate and timely delivery of information.
- The Office has an excellent Information Management capacity and deliver IM services to all partners.
- Global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards are adopted by UNHCR and its partners.
- Where required, UNHCR is meeting its cluster information management obligations.
- Draft the country/operation-specific Information Management strategy and define operational and funding requirements for the implementation of the strategy. The strategy must include the internal mangement of information within UNHCR including document mangement, flows of information and discovery of data/information within UNHCR.
- Support the promotion of data and information sharing within the humanitarian community as well as the adoption of global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards. To this end, maintain data and information-sharing relationships within the humanitarian community and with relevant governmental bodies.
- Identify and obtain the needed data and information elements required to produce standardized information products and design and manage respective data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Support the Office in the analysis of processed data and information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Design and implement a structured dissemination plan for all information products and services as appropriate (e.g. web portal, mailing list, information centres, etc.) including the definition of standard operating procedures for clearing information products for release.
- Organize and convene a Refugee Information Management Working Group (RIMWG) with releveant operational partners for efficient coordination of Information Mangement activities. Evaluate and organize, if needed, thematic sub-groups in areas such as geographic information management.
- Provide Information Mangement services to support Monitoring activities within Sectors in a refugee emergency and to UNHCR led Clusters in IDP related emergencies; in areas of information flows, desimination, processing, analysis, standard setting and desimination.
- Leverage Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for map production and geographic data mangement while promoting data standards and harmonized mangement of geographic data/information.
- Provide Information Mangement services to support population data mangement activities including population estimation, information flows from established systems, movement tracking, standard-setting/promotion and desimination.
- Provide Information Management support to needs assessments for all sectors (in refugee situations) and provide Information Management support to needs assessments within UNHCR-led clusters while participating in joint/harmonized needs assessments with other partners/clusters. Support operational leads in making methodological decisions about how to conduct needs assessments.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Chair a Refugee Information Management Working Group (RIMWG) (for refugee situations) and represent UNHCR-led clusters on inter-cluster Information Management Working Groups (for IDP situations).
- Assist in the recruitment and training of data collectors and data entry personnel, if requested.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Information security; Organize and manage recruitment campaigns; Strategizing; Quality management; Big data and data analytics; Relational databases (SQL); Geographic information systems (GIS)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)