Information Officer-Internal Communication Specialist, P3
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 16 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP's Communication Division communicates UNEP's core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide. This post is located in UNEP/Communication Division at the Nairobi duty station. the incumbent will perform the following:
1. Content and activity implementation:Required education
• Plan and implement content and activities against the internal communication strategy and defined objectives and targets, tracking progress on the status of strategy implementation and resource mobilization;
• Work in close coordination with all UNEP offices, divisions, regions, and associates.
2. Strategy implementation:
• Implement, monitor, and revise an internal communication strategy for UNEP, undertaking broad consultation with stakeholders as required, and advising and ensuring appropriate tools and channels are used throughout the organization in accordance with appropriate governance/guidance.
3. Event production and communication support:
• Support the planning and execution of UNEP events, within and beyond the division;
• Perform the function of a communication officer and undertake other duties as assigned and when required;
• Serve as the division’s sustainability focal point;
4. UNEP and UN system communication coordination:
• Serve as secretariat for UNEP on the relationship with the United Nations Communications Group including weekly briefings and engagement with the global group.
• Support the coordination of communication mandates and activities between UNEP and the rest of the UN system of organisations.
5. Conference reporting management:
• Support the management of long term arrangement for conference reporting services and facilitate conference reporting transactions between clients and service providers, ensuring appropriate dissemination and amplification through UNEP channels.
6. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)