Information Security Technologist
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 22 days left to apply for this job.
The Information Security Program is seeking an Information Security Technologist to be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of HRW security tools and services. The position will include active engagement with our civil society security counterparts and partners to ensure we are contributing to, and benefitting from, collective efforts to improve and monitor issues relating to information security. The Technologist will also work in collaboration with the wider HRW security team to perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture/process, develop security risk management and monitoring plans, and provide guidance and support to HRW staff. As time allows, the Technologist may also serve as a resource for technical knowledge, assistance, and investigative collaboration for HRW’s research and technology teams.
The Technologist is preferably based in a major HRW office but other locations may be considered. This position reports to the Director of Information Security, who is based in New York.
HRW is keen to hear from people who consider themselves under-represented in the security and/or technology communities – even if they feel they meet only some of the qualifications.
1. Lead in the identification, development, evaluation, customization, installation, operation, and maintenance of security tools and systems;
2. Participate in technology evaluation and design of security controls during HRW system evaluation, development, and ongoing review. Help ensure processes, systems design, and configuration provide security that is responsive to our threat landscape while being able to meet HRW’s operational, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements;
3. Develop and implement procedures to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data, and assist in the development of security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures;
4. Liaise with HRW’s technology and IT teams to ensure the design, strategy, and implementation of HRW security monitoring practices are consistent with HRW’s overall security objectives;
5. Work with our partners and counterparts to establish, maintain, and contribute to active threat information-sharing channels that ensure HRW and its counterparts are responsive to near- and far-term threats;
6. Assist with technical and security emergencies as needed; troubleshoot and work with other members of the security team, IT, and affected HRW staff to resolve issues;
7. Create and maintain high quality, accurate, and in-depth data and documents on information security processes, technologies, and/or related coverage areas;
8. Deliver outputs in a timely manner and be consistent with the agreed strategy and priorities of the Information Security Director;
9. Travel internationally, as required; and
10. Carry out any other duties as requiredRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)