Intern - Communications and Design, I
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have today left to apply for this job.
EducationApplicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
c. Have graduated with a Bachelor's degree, Masters, Ph.D or equivalent
Be computer literate in standard software applications.Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred Area of Studies; Communications, Strategic Design and Management, Information Design, Web Development, Media Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Design Thinking or related areas. Any background in Urban Development or Innovation is a bonus.
Work ExperienceApplicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the Programme. Are you a student in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s or Ph.D. Programme or equivalent, or have you completed a Bachelor's degree, Masters, Ph.D or equivalent?
LanguagesEnglish and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship fluency in English is required; and knowledge of French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese or Arabic is desirable.
ResponsibilitiesDaily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background; the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period.Required education
Under the direct supervision of the Unit Coordinator of the Innovation Unit in the External Relations, Strategy and Innovation Division, the intern will:
- Familiarize with the UN-Habitat mandate, New Urban Agenda, Urban Targets of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, Paris and Sendai Frameworks among other global commitments as well as UN-Habitat Strategic Plan 2020 - 23 including the Flagship Programmes.
- Support the organization, promotion and coordination of new innovation projects, events, partnerships, and other initiatives.
- Support the development of the design and layout, including graphic design and illustrations, of publications, web articles, posters, infographics, presentations and other communication products to raise visibility of programme work.
- Support the drafting of communication and promotional materials for outputs such as concept notes, background papers, technical papers, the innovation web page and other publications.
- Assist in research, drafting and editing of content for newsletters, social media and UN-Habitat websites including UN
-Habitat innovation web page, and follow up to ensure content is uploaded on time and is shared through the different social media platforms.
- Support the design and development of the UN-Habitat innovation web page, update the website regularly and support its day-to-day operational maintenance including the COVID-19 Innovation inventory.
- Assist in planning, promoting and organization of meetings or substantive presentations and the day-to-day operations and the preparation of special events.
- Support any printing process, in coordination with the other relevant offices, for official publications, posters, presentation and other outputs.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the team.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: three monthsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)