Intern - Donor Relations and Strategic Resource Partnerships, I
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
c. Have graduated with Bachelor's degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
Be computer literate in standard software applications.Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred Area of Studies;
- Public Administration, Marketing, Communications, Urban and Regional Planning as well as (Urban) Management, International Relations, Diplomacy, Environmental and Social Sciences, Political Science, or related discipline.
- Publication in learned journal as evidence for strong research skills is highly desirable.
- Strong drafting skills in English; or other language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian) is desirable.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this Internship, fluency in English is required.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background; the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Donor Relations & Strategic Resource Partnerships, the intern will:
- Support the development of agency wide consistent and coherent tools for resource mobilization (developing an internal policy guidance notes ex. “Do’s and Don’ts of Resource Mobilization”);
- Help to coordinate joint efforts to mobilize resources, map interests of potential donors, initiate contract with new and emerging partners to explore funding opportunities and develop strategic partnerships in line with defined priorities of UN-Habitat’s Strategic Plan 2020-2023 and new flagship programmes;
- Support the coordination of joint efforts to mobilize resources, map interests of potential donors, initiate contract with new and emerging partners to explore funding opportunities and develop
partnerships in line with defined priorities of UN-Habitat’s Strategic Plan 2020-2023 and new flagship programmes;
- Assist in the preparation of outputs e.g. concept notes, background papers, technical papers, and other documentation that may be necessary, drafts communications related to these.
- Support the team in drafting reports and substantively editing of key documents prepared by team members.
- Assist in planning and organization of meetings or substantive presentations;
- Support organization of preparatory material for Donor Relations meetings, e.g. Executive Board Foundations, Private Sector meetings etc.
- Perform other tasks as required;
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: three monthsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)