Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
This internship is in the Human Resources Management Section (HRMS) of the United Nations Support Office in Somali (UNSOS). The intern will work with HR colleagues on various tasks and will be under overall supervision of the Chief Staff Selection Unit.
The internship will be based in Nairobi for a maximum period of six months depending on the needs of the office.
UNSOS accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. Therefore, upon awarding an internship, candidates will be required to sign a statement confirming their understanding and acceptance of the conditions of service.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week under the supervisor of the Chief of Staff Selection Unit
Recruitment and selection
• Receive and review recruitment requests from Hiring Offices, verify that supporting documentation to initiate recruitment process are in order, and draft Job Openings and issue them to the agreed channels maintaining accurate documentation.
• Assist to maintain Job Opening files and tracks status of job opening announcements.
• Assist to screen candidates’ applications using set criteria, prepare long lists and submit them to the Hiring Offices. Proactively follow up on response from the hiring managers;
• Assist to prepare and maintain case files for candidates.
• Assist Prepare case files for the Mission Review Panel for review and enter data on candidates into the relevant roster tracking table.
• Assist in initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching Offers of Appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
• Assist to coordinate with relevant Offices /units and selected candidates on travel arrangements, visa matters and shipment of personal effects.
• Ensure Recruitment case files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards including preparation and updating of standard operating procedures under area of responsibility.
• Provide assistance on Human Resources recruitment queries and follow up actions to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
• Assists in reviewing and forwarding requests for classification to relevant cell/ unit.
• Assist in the job classification exercise e.g. follow-up on the job classifications forms issued to staff members, prepare physical file of the documents and electronic files.
• Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
• Consistently applies appropriate policies, rules, guidelines, procedures and practices.
• Liaises and interacts effectively and in a timely manner with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally.
• Assist the HR Officer update and track requests for recruitment forms and loan forms.
• Assist to monitor assigned staffing tables for a variety of human resource activities, e.g., appointments, retirement, expiration of appointments, reassignments, transfers and movement of staff.
• Assist the HR Officer monitor staffing tables to ensure that staff member data is up to date in Umoja e.g. duty station; post number; job grades etc.
• Prepare daily /weekly /monthly/ yearly reports and statistics as required.
• Establish excellent working relationships with Mission Support Components and Client units.
• Provide support to the implementation of Business Intelligence strategy and roadmap for implementing UNSOS analytics and business intelligence capability to include elements such as the delivery of standard and ad hoc reports, and trending based on an increased collection and cleansing method for mission support and mandate implementation data.
• Interact with, support, and consult with all UNSOS Pillars’ Sections /Units to define key performance indicators, standard and ad-hoc reports that enable business decision.
• Enforce known policies, procedures, and compliance requirements that improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Business Intelligence unit.
• Participate in the development and testing of reports and management dashboards as identified and prioritized in the requirements gathering process.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: one monthRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)