Intern -Human Resources
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
The internship will be based in Nairobi for a maximum period of six months depending on the needs of the office.
UNSOS accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. Therefore, upon awarding an internship, candidates will be required to sign a statement confirming their understanding and acceptance of the conditions of service.
The inernship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week under the supervisor of the Chief of Staff Selection Unit
Recruitment and selection
• Receive and review recruitment requests from Hiring Offices, verify that supporting documentation to initiate recruitment process are in order, and draft Job Openings and issue them to the agreed channels maintaining accurate documentation.
• Assist to maintain Job Opening files and tracks status of job opening announcements.
• Assist to screen candidates’ applications using set criteria, prepare long lists and submit them to the Hiring Offices. Proactively follow up on response from the hiring managers;
• Assist to prepare and maintain case files for candidates.
• Assist Prepare case files for the Mission Review Panel for review and enter data on candidates into the relevant roster tracking table.
• Assist in initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching Offers of Appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
• Assist to coordinate with relevant Offices /units and selected candidates on travel arrangements, visa matters and shipment of personal effects.
• Ensure Recruitment case files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards including preparation and updating of standard operating procedures under area of responsibility.
• Provide assistance on Human Resources recruitment queries and follow up actions to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: one monthRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)