Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
INTERN - Programme Management,
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Intern or trainee
- Full Time
Created in December 1999, the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) is the designated focal point in the United Nations system for the coordination of efforts to reduce disasters and to ensure synergies among the disaster reduction activities of the United Nations and regional organizations and activities in both developed and less developed countries. Led by the United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction (SRSG), UNISDR has over 100 staff located in its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, and in regional offices. Specifically, UNISDR guides, monitors, analyses and reports on progress in the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, supports regional and national implementation of the Framework and catalyses action and increases global awareness to reduce disaster risk working with U.N. Member States and a broad range of partners and stakeholders, including civil society, the private sector, parliamentarians and the science and technology community.
The internship is for a period of two to six months depending on the needs of the regional office. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in drafting and preparing official documents.
• Attend and summarize conferences and meetings, including inter-governmental and inter-agency meetings
• Support organization of meetings and conferences.
• Assist data collection of disaster risk reduction practices.
• Conduct research and provide analysis on relevant disaster risk reduction and sustainable development issues.
• Assist in drafting and preparing background documents, reports, issue briefs, talking points, articles, presentations etc.
• Monitor regional and global news sources for articles and stories relevant to disaster risk reduction.
• Support implementation of projects.
• Assist in maintaining databases.
• Perform additional duties as may be required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Intern or trainee
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: noneRequired skills
: Document and archive management; Data collection; Database administration; Project implementation; Research planning; Meeting managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply