Intern - Public Information,I
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 14 days left to apply for this job.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
• Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
• Be computer literate in standard software applications;
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for this internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
Completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.The Cover Note must include:
• Preferred duty station(s) for the internship.
• Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
• Graduation Date (When will you be graduating/ have graduated from the programme?).
• IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
• Top three areas of interest.
• Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
• Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
Responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to
• Support to monitor and identify relevant content for publication on PreventionWeb and other UNDRR websites and social media accounts.
• Support the efforts towards the migration of PreventionWeb to a new platform.
• Format content, draft abstracts and summaries.•Research and create resources guide on specific topics.
• Support social media campaigns.
• Support to develop communication materials based on good practices, impact example and achievements.
• Support in organization of events and meetings.
• Support the work related the DRR initiatives and campaigns including “Making Cities Resilient”, "International Day for Disaster Reduction", "World Tsunami Awareness Day", “Sendai Framework Voluntary Commitments” and “International Recovery Platform”.
• Support web-search, collecting and organizing information on DRR related subjects and activities by partners.
• Support proofreading of documents by partner organizations,
• Support development of relevant materials such as flyers and other public relations materials.
• Support social media campaigns; prepare presentations; support organization of events; web page updates; upload on PreventionWeb; prepare audiovisual content.
• Assist in editing and drafting messages, biographies, reports and articles.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: three monthsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)