Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
INTERN - Urban Planning and Design
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Intern or trainee
- Full Time
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
The Urban Planning and Design internship is for 6 months and Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- Review introductory materials on the Climate Change Planning Unit (CCPU),
- Assist in preparation of the CCPU annual planning and budgeting and other internal planning and monitoring processes.
- Assist in planning, preparing and implementing CCPU related events according to individual professional interest and need determined by supervisor.
- Assist in planning and implementing CCPU related adaptation, mitigation and normative projects according to individual professional background and special interest.
- Prepare articles, according to professional interest, for the CCCI quarterly newsletter and other relevant publications by the Unit. Review CCPU experience to date and help share this knowledge in
peer reviewed academic journals, online media or other publications.
- Research on contemporary topics related to Cities and Climate Change and sustainable urbanization.
- Support the implementation of specific recommendations arising from CCCI’s mid-term evaluation.
- Other tasks relevant to candidate and CCPU, as jointly determined by CCPU tea
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Intern or trainee
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: noneRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.); Town planning; Land use planning; Research planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply