Job verified by Fuzu
Food & Agriculture Organization For The United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provides oversight of the programmes and operations of the Organization, throughinternal audit, inspection and investigation. Through these activities OIG monitors and evaluates the adequacy and effectivenessof the Organization's system of internal control, financial management and use of assets.The post is located in the Internal Audit Group of OIG and is based in Nairobi, Kenya, serving the FAO Regional Office for Africa.
The Internal Auditor reports to a Senior Internal Auditor at Headquarters.
The planning and conduct of complex audits, advisory and special assignments and inspections at headquarters and/or the field toadd value and improve the Organization's operations, and to provide assurance that the outputs of the Organization are producedwith due regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.Minimum Requirements
• Advanced university degree in audit, business or public administration, finance, accounting, economics, politicalscience, international development, law or a related field.
• Seven years of relevant experience in an organization using modern auditing, accounting, management and information systems techniques (e.g. internal audit department in the public or private sector, or an auditing,accounting or consulting firm)
• Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic,Chinese, Russian
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Professional certification from an internationally recognized accounting or audit body such as CIA, CPA, CA,
ACCA or equivalent is desirable.
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in auditing, accounting, management and information system techniques
• Extent and relevance of experience of risk assessment
• Working knowledge of English is considered a strong asset
• Extent and relevance of experience of strategic planning and programme management and operations concepts
• Extent and relevance of experience in performing and supervising financial, operational, performance and ITaudits, and/or experience in accounting and/or business administration
• Experience in using specialized audit softwareHOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website and complete your online
profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
•Contributes to the preparation of the risk-based biennial audit plan, under the coordination of a Senior Auditor,and ensures comprehensive and quality audit programmes are prepared;
• Plans, leads and/or participates and provides specialist expertise on major, comprehensive, multi-disciplinaryaudit teams and/or project, programme, operational reviews, special audits, and inspections, and participates inOrganization working groups, and/or supervises staff;
• Plans and conducts audit assignments, from the initial planning, information gathering and interview stages tothe final analysis and report writing stages, in accordance with internal procedures and auditing standards;
• Prepares/reviews electronic working papers utilizing TeamMate that support audit findings andrecommendations.
• Prepares clear and concise draft reports and presents audit results and recommendations, orally and in writingto the Inspector-General and senior management;
• Provides specialist advice as appropriate to managers across the Organization;
• Promotes capacity development in audit assignments and provides on the job training and supervision to otherstaff, as well as contributes to maintaining and updating the Quality Assurance and Improvement Programmeand the Audit Manual;
• Performs other duties as required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Financial analysis; Quality management; Financial reporting; Compliance; Training delivery; Accounting; Audit (internal)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply