Job verified by Fuzu
Vision Afrika Savings and Credit Society Ltd | Nakuru, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Internal AuditorINSURANCE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Associate Finance and Budget Officer
Insurance Sales Agent
ICEALION LIFE ASSURANCE
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nakuru
The internal auditors’ functions include, among other things, monitoring internal control, independent consulting and assurance on activities designed to add value and improve the Sacco’s operations. By way of ensuring improvement of a Sacco’s operations in terms of; Governance, day to day operations, internal control systems and compliance to the laws and Regulations.
Interested candidates are advised to submit their applications cover letter and their detailed CV with three referees and indicate their current and expected remuneration
1. Reporting functionally to the Audit committee and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer.
2. Review the credibility and integrity of financial statements by ensuring the financial statements of the Sacco have been prepared in accordance with the IFRS, IAS, SASRA guidelines and the Sacco Societies Act and that the information contained in the financial statements is complete and reliable for effective decision making.
3. Check that all activities done by the Sacco are in conformity with the existing laws and Regulations. This will entail the internal auditor ensuring that the Sacco does not contravene among others; SASRA guidelines, the Sacco Act, CBK Act, the labour laws, NSSF Act and other relevant Acts and laws.
4. Review the economic efficiency and effectiveness in the utilization of the Sacco resources so that its objectives are achieved.
5. The internal auditor will also review the adequacy, design and effectiveness of the Internal Control Systems. This will by monitoring the quality of such controls, detect any weakness and provide recommendation for improvement.
6. Assisting the BOD in the governance of the Sacco by advising on the direction in various issues through promotion of ethics and culture of the Sacco so that the institution is held as member focused by concentrating on savings and credit facilities.
7. Coordinate work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control related activities and with others within Internal Audit while conducting risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
8. Be able to institute fraud detection steps in audit programs; investigating allegations of fraud, and reviewing fraud prevention controls and detection processes put in place by management, making recommendations for improvement and on corrections or enhancements needed to maintain and improve effective and compliant operations.
9. Maintaining files and supporting documentation for audits and other assignments
10. Identifying and qualifying key business risks estimating the probability of occurrences and the impact on the Sacco and making appropriate recommendations.
11. Any other duty as may be assigned by the CEO.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NakuruArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Accounting; Auditing of accounts; Compliance; Business strategy; Financial reporting; Fraud risk assessment and managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)