Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The Intern will work under the guidance of NEMA officers, in consultation with the National Ozone Unit (NOU) and GIZ
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position a candidate must have;
In addition the candidate must be;
- Graduated with a university degree in Environmental Chemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Biochemistry or any other related field from a recognized Institution, within the last five (5) years;
- Good interpersonal skills required to interact successfully with various stakeholders ranging from industry to government;
- Good communication skills both written and spoken;
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- A valid certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of criminal investigations (DCI).
- Willing to take up the internship immediately.
- Able to work independently to ensure that the deadlines are adhered to
- Willing to working in an environment involving government officials and government agencies
- Following up on the licenses and permits issued by NEMA for 2019 to the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) industry
- Assisting NEMA in collating and corroborating physically on the import quantities of refrigerants through meeting with importing companies, NEMA officers at the borders and Customs Officers of the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Drafting comprehensive report on the verified imported quantities
- Monitoring and reporting on the import licenses and permits issued by NEMA for 2020 to the industry
- Assisting NEMA and the NOU to gain an accurate and detailed picture of the import of ODS in the country
- Reporting on a regular to the NOU and GIZ
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: one monthRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)