Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services. The post is in the English Interpretation Unit, Interpretation Section, Division of Conference Services, United Nations Office at Nairobi, UNON.
• Provide interpretation into English as required, of speeches or statements given in two other official languages.
• Service up to seven meetings per week (exceptionally eight), usually of no more than three hours duration, of various United Nations bodies.
• Routinely covers sensitive meetings.
• Routinely functions as team leader of all interpreters assigned to a given meeting.
• May instruct and advise interpreter trainees.
• May function as Programme Officer.
• May perform other related duties, as required.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)