Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
INTERPRETER, FRENCH, P3
- Bachelor's degree
- Media, communications, languages
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to INTERPRETER, FRENCH, P3Reporter, Children's News, Africa TV (Nairobi, Kenya)
Public Relations & Communications Officer
Digital & Communication Specialist/Executive Administrator
Summit Recruitment &Training
Communications and Knowledge Management Officer
Global Health Corps
Jobs in Media, communications, languagesMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). The post is located in the French Interpretation Unit, Interpretation Section, Division of Conference Services (UNON). Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Interpretation Section.
1. Servicing up to seven meetings per week (exceptionally eight), usually of no more than three hours duration, of various United Nations bodies.
2. French interpreters provide interpretation, as required, into French of speeches or statements given in two other UN official languages.
3. May occasionally be assigned to sensitive meetings.
4. May function as team leader of all interpreters assigned to a given meeting.
5. Perform other related duties as required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Area of work
: Media, communications, languagesSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Simultaneous interpreting; Strategizing; Teamwork; Communication; Verbal communication; Conference interpretingRequired languages:
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)