The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). The post is located in the French Interpretation Unit, Interpretation Section, Division of Conference Services (UNON). Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Interpretation Section.
1. Servicing up to seven meetings per week (exceptionally eight), usually of no more than three hours duration, of various United Nations bodies.
2. French interpreters provide interpretation, as required, into French of speeches or statements given in two other UN official languages.
3. May occasionally be assigned to sensitive meetings.
4. May function as team leader of all interpreters assigned to a given meeting.
5. Perform other related duties as required.
|Salary range||Not specified|
|Additional information||Not specified|
|Job type||Full Time|
|Area of work||Media, communications, languages|
|Seniority||Experienced (senior worker)|