Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
To provide IT user support, monitor and maintain computer systems (network,
software and/or hardware) for the organisation in line with IT standards and Protea Hotel Kampala’s strategic objectives.
- Install and configure software on all organisation computers- Laptops, Desktops, Servers as per software installation checklist policy in line with
the IT policy.
- Service and provide preventive maintenance of all ICT equipment as per
the maintenance schedule.
- Document computer policies and programs following documentation guidelines and international IT standards.
- Provide IT user support in line with the departmental guidelines.
- Instruct users on functions of designed computer programs following guidelines laid down in training manuals.
- Backup and restore data according to the Backup/Restore IT policy
- Add new users/computers in the Active Directory (Network) and grant appropriate permissions and access rights.
- Design User Friendly computer screens to assist users capture information following Integrated Development Environment guidelines.
- Code Computer programs in line with coding standards of computer language used.
- Instruct users on functions of designed computer programs or the off-shelf program following guidelines lay down in training manuals.
- Compress and transfer data on databases for storage on other media in line with URA Backing-up strategy.
- Troubleshoot program shortcomings following trouble shooting guidelines of individual programs.
- Repair of computer hardware equipment, which become faulty in the hotel on time so as to improve customer service through users.
- Carry out routine hardware preventive maintenance at defined set period so as to reduce computer hardware equipment breakdowns in order to keep the hotel operational at all times in line with system administration policy of the IT-dept.
- Working hand in hand with the HR-dept to organize seminars, workshops and in-house training by acquiring, moving and setting up machines as per training specifications in accordance with HR-policy.
- A Bachelor's’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or in a similar field.
- An in depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems.
- Microsoft or Cisco certification would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Hospitality, Operations, and IT support roles.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate
- the official certificate for your highest education
8 days left to apply