Job verified by Fuzu
Umeme | Kampala, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
IT Security Administrator
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Security Administrator will Develop and maintain security architecture and security policies, principles, and standards for the organization.
• Work with assigned business units and other risk functions to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments, including business system analysis and communication, facilitation, and consensus building
• Define, develop, and validate baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, and networking and telecommunications equipment, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances, and host-based security systems and Assist in the coordination and completion of information security operations documentation.
• Work with ICT leadership to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risks
• Report to management on residual risk, vulnerabilities, and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance
• Play an advisory role in application development projects to assess security requirements and controls and to ensure that security controls are implemented as planned
• Collaborate on critical IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle
• Work with infrastructure team members to identify, select, and implement technical controls, Assist IT staff in the resolution of reported security incidents.
• Develop security processes and procedures, and support service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained
• Research, evaluate, and recommend information-security-related hardware and software, including developing business cases for security investments.
• Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend and plan the implementation of new or updated information security technologies, threats, and security alerts and recommend remedial actions
• Monitor daily or weekly reports and security logs for unusual events and act as a liaison between incident response leads and subject matter experts
• Manage relationships with the audit group and receive audit findings, and manage the collection of responses and remediation plans with owners.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KampalaArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Information security; Research and development; System and network security; System architecture; TroubleshootingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply