Job verified by Fuzu
UNOPS | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Japanese - English Interpreter
Click to apply
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Media, communications, languages
- Basic level (worker)
- Full Time
Reporting to the Training Manager, the Japanese Interpreter will provide translation services between Japanese and English, supporting the training programme that will be undertaken in Nairobi, Kenya. There are possible requirements to travel within East Africa region to provide translation services to support Training Needs Assessment of other regions military engineering units. The Interpreter will provide competent delivery of verbal translation services to the Japanese Instructors and experts.
• Verbal translation between Japanese Instructors and trainees for onsite training, national field trips, regional assessments, ceremonies and public presentations as directed.
• Verbal translation of training schedules, lesson and safety plans and powerpoint presentations as directed.
• Translation support to Training Needs Assessment requirements
• Liaison between Instructors and Trainees, soliciting feedback from both parties, highlighting issues and difficulties and making recommendations based on trainee responses and feedback.
• Liaison and support to non English speaking Japanese personnel involved.
• Participation in After Action Review meetings.
• Writing Daily Reports if requested by Instructors
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Media, communications, languagesSeniority
: Basic level (worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 18 monthsRequired skills
: Public Relations; Verbal communication; Presentation skills; Simultaneous interpreting; Creativity; Interpersonal communicationRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
, Japanese (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply