Kampala Warehouse Assistant
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 16 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Sokowatch will provide everything a duka needs, no wholesalers or distributors necessary
Your Mission in our Vision
To support the delivery agents stock loading processes, stock transfers and stock-cash reconciliation for the company.
Job Description: Warehouse Assistant
Your role is to help in daily warehousing activities as allocated to them by the Branch Warehouse Manager. These roles range from, stock issuance, transfers, offloading and reconciliation.
- 3+ years of experience in warehouse
- Highly organized and able to store items efficiently
- Pays attention to details and monitors the quality of inventory
- Able to work independently
- Able to multitask
- Diploma in logistic or supplier chain
- Stock Loading-Allocate tuk-tuks in loading zones in a manner that eases issuance and ensures transparency.
- Ensure stock issuance is done against Delivery notebook and no excess or less stock issued, guide agents on best practices for stock arrangement in their tuk-tuk
- Stock Transfers-Present all Delivery Notes for system transfer, do system stock transfer against Delivery note, verify transfers against variance page.
- Ensure all replenishment done after morning loading is reflected in the system transfer.
- Stock Cash Reconciliation-Assist agent to well understands requirements for a successful reconciliation.
- Confirm on agents reported counts, carryout daily Agent stock reconciliation, Carryout daily agent cash reconciliation, Follow up with agent to know the cause of excess or short.
- Supplier deliveries-Receive delivery notes and invoices and present to the Warehouse managers
- Take part in offloading whenever required, receive products against delivery note, report any excess, less or damaged delivered stock to warehouse manager.
- Ensure all deliveries are stored in respective warehouses in an organised manner
- Stock Taking-Carryout weekly physical stock take as required by the warehouse manager.
- Ensure counts are accurate and in selling units, file the reported counts for reference.
- Assist in tuk-tuk stock take whenever required.
- Help in data entry, attention to detail, integrity, work ethic, willingness to learn, capacity to thrive in a high-pressure environment, time-keeping.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: basic | Written: basic)