Key Account Manager: Facilities Management
Salary range: KSh80,000 - KSh120,000 | Contract type: Permanent
You have 30 days left to apply for this job.
Lynk is a startup which builds technology to connect blue collar workers in Kenya - from carpenters to cleaners - to jobs. Our suite of products seeks to satisfy a breadth of consumer needs, which provide multiple channels to increase incomes for workers in our system:
- Lynk: A marketplace product enabling customers to request services or order ready-to-buy services in over 50 categories from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors.
- Lynk Projects: A turnkey construction firm, providing design and management services in fitout and construction projects, delivered by Pros on the Lynk platform
- Lynk for Business: Maintenance, facilities management, and project management services for business clients delivered by Lynk Pros
Lynk is consistently regarded as one of the most exciting and socially impactful start-ups in Africa:
- (2019) Winner of Department for International Development’s challenge for catalytic solutions in the field of youth employment
- (2018) Africa regional winner of the MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge for global technology solutions that improve livelihoods
- (2018) Selected into the prestigious MIT 2018 SOLVER class of solutions that are changing the world, in the subcategory of “work of the future”
- (2018) Named one of East Africa’s top 10 startups to watch by I-Dev international
- (2017) Grand winner of the Ford Foundation and the Global Center for Youth Employment Ideathon for initiatives that can bring disruptive change to youth employment
- (2017) Selected to the inaugural XL Africa fellowship put on by the World Bank for high potential startups in Africa
A bit about the role:
You are the focal point for major clients requiring maintenance or refurbishment services to their properties. You support property owners & managers maintain their buildings and facilities with maintenance inventories and manage all subsequent works performed on site. At all times upholding high technical and professional standards.You manage existing relationships with clients as well as suppliers, as well as finding new leads.
A bit about you:
You like to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You think strategically, and are a people person who thrives at managing relationships and communications within different stakeholders. You are highly organized, you think creatively, are quick on your feet and your EQ is off the charts. Most importantly, you’re hungry and motivated to be the best at what you do.
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
- 2 years of practical experience as a project / property / facility manager or working on construction projects
- Experience of managing the facilities and large properties
- Worked for service providers or companies managing hard and soft services
- BA/BSc in Construction Management or similar relevant area
- Excellent written English
- Able to work across a variety of functions, and for things you don’t know you’re eager to get your hands dirty and figure it out.
Specific responsibilities include:
Project management & Maintenance
- Support multiple commercial buildings or premises by ensuring functionality
- Inspect structure of building and determine if repairs are needed
- Supervise renovations and additions.
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work of our contractors;
- Using Lynk’s existing worker database and technology, identify the right Pros for specific jobs
- Management of a core group of pros to specific properties with the support of the wider business
- Preparing documents to assess availability and pricing by pros, and evaluate their quotes.
- Mobilisation of the contract
- Where required, coordinate with other teams to get technical drawings, project management support, additional expertise, and more
- Identify solutions when things go wrong, and provide hands-on support
- Maintain communications with property owners and managers and proactively build positive relationships
- Manage communications with pros, agreeing on clear scope, and informing them of timelines, progress, and issues
- Providing regular updates on ongoing projects and maintenance
- Ensuring client feedback is received and following up on action required
Finance and administration
- Ensuring that invoices are delivered on time by the Finance department
- Resolving finance or admin issues related to the partnership
- Management of budgets and lead teams in the delivery of Facilities Management activities
Business & development & strategy
- Find and cultivate relationships with new Lynk for Business clients
- Identify opportunities for upselling and growing existing partnerships
- Working with the Head of Growth to develop a coherent Lynk for Business offering
- Work with engineers to adapt tec features for the Lynk for Business offering
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),