Job verified by Fuzu
Faith to Action Network | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Knowledge Management Advisor
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Knowledge Management AdvisorSocial Affairs Coordinator
Petroleum Authority of Uganda
Program Management Specialist - Peace Building.
Deputy Area Manager –(Uganda)
Danish Refugee Council
Associate Director, Field Operations-Uganda
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Faith to Action Network seeks a Knowledge Management Advisor to manage and implement a new EU-funded advocacy project. The project aims at promoting cultural diversity & respect for equal dignity of all people in Burundi, Egypt, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania & Uganda through interfaith and intercultural dialogue and cooperation. An important component of this role is to oversee Faith to Action Network’s Knowledge Management and Capacity Strengthening strategy and to support Faith to Action Network in harnessing, developing, sharing and effectively using organisational data, learning and knowledge to improve organisation-wide activities, current practice and future developments. This is a full-time position based in Nairobi and the salary is competitive and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
The position will be entrusted with all technical and financial aspects of project cycle management of this new project, including subgrants management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting. In addition, the position will develop and implement a scale up strategy of pilot projects with a focus on knowledge management, documentation of outcomes, lessons and methodologies, resource mobilization and institutional capacity strengthening
Project Cycle Management
• Manage the project following recommended EU project cycle management phases, including
planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
• Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan. Aside activity tracking, this M&E
plan focuses on monitoring and evaluating project outcomes and impact. This includes training
project partners in monitoring and evaluation, monitoring the external political environment,
with the production of an annual report, and continuous monitoring of risks in 6 target
• Provide support and advice to partners to facilitate strong project implementation;
• Coordinate Faith to Action Network’s relations with all project partners and effectively
represent the network in project working groups and planning meetings.
Financial management and grants management:
• Manage project finances and supervise the accounting officer, including the development,
implementation and tracking of Faith to Action and subgrantee budgets, cashflow plans, and
development of variation reports;
• Develop and implement co-funding and pre-financing strategies for Faith to Action and
partners, and implement resource mobilization activities to fill financial gaps;
• Develop, supervise and track Faith to Action’s workplan and budget;
• Manage several sub-grants, including selection and contracting of sub-grantees, as well as
financial and technical management, financial controlling and quarterly reporting.
• In particular, manage grants to partners by ensuring timely disbursements of funds and
adherence to agreed activities and objectives in the signed contracts, and enforce partners’
• Manage compliance with EU rules and regulations of Faith to Action Network and all
subgrantees, pre-empt problems, and advise senior management on solutions and
• Collaborate with the accounting officer to develop financial reports, and support expenditure
• Develop technical results-based reports to Faith to Action Network and EU.
• Develop and implement a Scaling Up Plan for 6 pilot projects, including mobilizing resources,
capacity strengthening for adopting institutions,
• Offer technical assistance to partners and subgrantees through trainings and technical
assistance. This includes technical support in areas of interfaith dialogue and cooperation as
well as preventing youth radicalization, and also in managing grants and complying with EU
rules and regulations.
• With colleagues, respond to calls for proposals, tenders for contracts and funding bids as
• Lead Faith to Action Network’s knowledge management strategy, including systems for
capturing and developing knowledge and stories from staff and member organizations.
• Develop and implement a research framework which helps generate and harvest knowledge
throughout project implementation. This includes carrying out 6 baseline and 6 endline
studies, using diverse methodologies.
• Through training, coaching and support, help Faith to Action staff and members to embed
best-practice approaches to information and knowledge management into all areas of their
• Put together information, case studies and learning from Network members. This includes
developing, publishing and disseminating 6 in-depth case studies on piloted interfaith projects.
• Contribute to strategic review, planning, and development of the organisation as a whole.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with all staff members, project partners, Faith to
Action network members and contacts outside the network.
• At different times, support senior management with any other tasks assigned
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Grant and fund management; Strategizing; Reporting; Document and archive management; Financial reporting; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
, French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)