Fuzu Exclusive Job
ACCESS AFYA | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Medical, health
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
ACCESS AFYA is a social enterprise that delivers primary health care in the poorest communities in Kenya. We take a chain of low-cost micro-clinics as anchors to our model, with a mobile field health team that reaches people in the places where they already spend their time - such as schools and factories.
OUR MISSION is to be the first health access point for the global mass market, starting in Kenya’s slums. Each element of our model is designed for scale.
OUR TEAM: We are a diverse and dedicated team of professionals with experience in healthcare, business and informatics based in Nairobi, Kenya.
RECENT GROWTH: In 2017 alone, we grew our team including the addition of three key management roles, doubled our patient volume, increased our revenue by 430%, and piloted new business models including partnerships with Boehringer Ingleheim and Heineken Africa Foundation. We opened 2 new pharmacies and a diagnostic centre.
Access Afya is growing and we are looking to hire the best and brighest people to join our team.
Our team is bound together by a common, compelling purpose, based on shared values. The following values bond our team and shapes how we work together towards achieving our goals: Self drive, Integrity, Resilience, Reliability and Empathy.
Do you we share the same values? we are looking for you!
We are hiring a medical laboratory technologist to serve at the Lab Superintendent role.
One should have a :
- Diploma or degree in medical laboratory sciences with over 2 years of experience.
Registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians & Technologist Board
- Proficient in laboratory operations.
This candidate is required to proficiently analyze medical samples in the laboratory and follow standard MLS methodologies. He/she should also keep accurate records that meet the requirements of the accreditation bodies and regulatory bodies.
- Processes all tests at our Hub clinic laboratory as per laboratory guidelines and protocols.
- Keep thorough records of activities performed in the laboratory. Inspect and analyze in-coming supplies to the laboratory to ensure that the laboratory only receives the best quality supplies .
- Oversees and maintains lab quality standards at all spoke clinic Inducts and trains regularly clinical staff on Laboratory methods.Leads laboratory’s management reviews, quality evaluations; offer suggestions, feedbacks or any information that will assist the laboratory to continually improve.
- Evaluate, compile and present results of analysis for easy interpretation by patients.
- Manage laboratory equipment as per the prevailing protocols. This covers observing servicing schedules, Quality controls, safe use, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals so as to prevent injuries to personnel as well as prevent damage to equipment, facilities and to safeguard the environment.
- Monitor the requirements of the laboratory and proactively request needed supplies, research new lab options, and recommend upgrades. Maintain a clean and safe work environment, and take pride in your clinic.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Following care plans; Laboratory operation; Medicine; Specimen collection; Admission and discharge of client; ExperimentationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply