Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 10 days left to apply for this job.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade a candidate must have a BSc in analytical chemistry or Industrial Chemistry with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out research and analysis using a wide variety of techniques, software and equipment.
- Analysing and interpreting data in an organized manna.
- Ensure data is recorded accurately and as per the demands of the prescribed guidelines
- Using a range of software, technique and equipment to carry out research and analysis
- Reporting and presenting results.
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries.
- Keeping up to date with scientific and technical developments.
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to
- Preparing product license documents and research/scientific staff.
- Developing new analytical methods.
- Take samples from residential plumbing and municipal distribution systems for lead analysis.
- Perform PH testing.
- Develop solutions to water quality problems.
- Conduct laboratory tests of water samples for chemical or microbiological parameters
- Assess the quality of taste and clarity of drinking water.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Visit sites that may be causing pollution or contamination.
- Reliability and repeatability of Quality Control test results for raw materials, pyrethrum flowers, finished products and packaging materials.
- Identification and management of sampling points along the process
- Traceability of results to duplicate samples retained.
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment’s
- Testing results conformity to benchmarked test results and conformity to regulatory guidelines.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)