Laboratory Assistant- Kibaale District
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Ref No: KDSC/Health/06/2020Job purpose:
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the posts that exist in kibaale district local government. Application in triplicate on psc form 3(2008)revised obtainable from District Service Commission Office, and Public Service Commission Office, Kampala with three most recent colored passport photographs should be submitted to the Secretary District Service Commission Kibaale
Applicants must indicate the post applied for and reference number. Certified copies of all academic certificates and transcripts together with national id must be attached. Serving officers who wish to apply should route their applications through their responsible officers who should be informed of the deadline. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Kibaale District is an equal opportunity employer. Females are encouraged to apply.
1. Day time telephone contacts/e-mails should be clearly indicated
2. Details of job descriptions and personal specifications can be accessed at the notice board of Kibaale District Hqtrs or at the secretariat of any District Service Commission or Public Service Commission website www.Psc.Go.Ug or www.Publicservice.Go.Ug
3. Anyone who does not hear from us at the end of this recruitment exercise should consider him/herself Unsuccessful.
To conduct generalized laboratory investigations for disease diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and control. Qualifications
• Must have a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Techniques from a recognized Institution.
• Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
i. Analyzing and interpreting laboratory test results and submit reports;
ii. Liaising with Ward management in the preparation of patients for Laboratory tests;
iii. Advising Clinical Staff in collection, handling and transportation of specimens to the Laboratory;
iv. Requisitioning and accounting for laboratory materials and sundries;
v. Maintaining an inventory of the laboratory equipment and ensure their functionality;
vi. Enforcing safety and quality control measures in the laboratory;
vii. Participating in primary health care activities;
viii. Compiling, analyzing and preparing performance reports for submission to relevant authorities; and
ix. Carrying out research activities.Required education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)