o ‘O’ level certificate with at least three credit passes in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics from a recognized school.
o Certificate in Laboratory Technology from a recognized Institution is an added advantage.
o At least three (3) years experience in higher Institution of learning Laboratory or in advanced secondary school laboratory
1. Qualifying persons should submit five (5) copies of their application letters duly signed together with certified photocopies of their transcripts, certificates, five (5) recent passport photographs and latest copy of their curriculum vitae giving full details of the applicants’ education, work experience and naming three referees with their postal addresses and day time phone contact. The application should be put in a big (A4) sealed envelope and the job applied for indicated on the envelope. Applicants must make sure that at least two referees have forwarded recommendation letters concerning their application to the University Secretary before the closing date of this advertisement.
2. Applicants for the vacancy of Teaching Assistants in Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery should indicate the relevant experience and area of interest on the application letter.
3. Applications should be hand delivered to the Office of the University Secretary and addressed to:
The University Secretary,
Lira University, P.O. Box 1035, Lira.
4. Applicants can also apply on-line by sending scanned application letter, curriculum vitae and relevant documents to [email protected]
6. The deadline for receiving applications is 30th September 2020.
7. Lira University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8. Applicants should show demonstrable qualities of leadership and integrity.
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
10. Due diligence by the university will form part of the selection criteria.
11. Any form of solicitation or lobbying will lead to automatic cancellation of Application.
o Prepare Materials for students practicals.
o Demonstrate laboratory skills to students.
o Assist students during practicals.
o Set up experiments.
o Manage Laboratory equipment.
o Keep stock of reagents and advise the department on reagents to purchase.
o Any other duties that may be assigned to them by their supervisor