Lecturer - Department of Political Science
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
The Islamic University in Uganda invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions for the 2018/2019 Academic year.
Other benefits for the posts include housing allowance of 20% of basic salary and free medical treatment for self, spouse (s) and four biological children below 18 years of age at the University Health Center.
How to apply
Applicants should send 5 sets of a handwritten application letter, including copies of an up to date curriculum vitae (with all supporting documents attached on each application letter), and two (2) separate letters from referees.
- Prepare learning materials and deliver lectures to the undergraduate students and postgraduate students.
- Participate in the review and development of the university curriculum.
- Participate in the development of manuals and kits for the conduct, supervision, and evaluation of practical assignments to students.
- Examine, assess and mark undergraduate students’ assignments.
- Undertake research to support the development of the University academic research proposal.
- Supervise students’ academic research and industrial training programmes and activities.
- Participate in the organization and implementation of University academic conferences, seminars and workshops
Provide technical support and support Supervision to Teaching Assistants and other junior staff.
- Participate in the review, development and implementation of the University Curriculum.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Developing curriculum and teaching guidelines; University teaching; Exam preparation and grading; Research planning; Social sciencesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)