Purpose Of The Job
To conduct lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate students in relevant subjects and maintain academic excellence through well researched and prepared lectures as we as conducting research
How To Apply For The Above Mentioned Job Opportunities
1. Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements for any of the above positions should submit soft copies of their applications together with the following;
a) A detailed and an up-to-dated Curriculum Vitae.
b) Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates and professional qualifications.
c) Evidence of appointment of the relevant teaching/research positions, supervision of graduate students and community service undertaken.
d) Names and addresses of three referees who should be advised to send reference letters direct to the Senior Human Resource Officer under confidential cover.
2. Submissions should be sent in soft copies to the following address;
1. Plan and prepare for lectures as per UTAMU quality assurance guidelines.
2. Develop online courseware for all courses assigned to you according to UTAMU e-learning standards and upload these to the Virtual Learning Environment before the course is offered.
3. Deliver lessons as scheduled on the time table.
4. Provide students with all reading materials needed, engage the students with group work, assignments and attend to their questions/issues within the e-learning system.
5. Engage students in at least 2 online chats and 2 discussion forums for each course you teach and give special attention to online students.
6. Set, Invigilate and Mark your test/exam including open book exams and tests for online/distance students in your class.
Note that there will be two tests and an exam and both will be time tabled centrally.
7. Participate in School and University academic activities including meetings, student assessment, and research and outreach projects.
8. Supervise both graduate and undergraduate students in your School.
9. Involve in article writing and publications singly or jointly with full time staff members
10. Participate in presenting papers in Conferences organized by the University.