Legal and Board Affairs Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
Responsible for facilitating effective communication among senior managers, theboard of directors and shareholders, advising the managing director on matters ofcorporate governance, keeping records and minutes of the organization.
• Be in possession of a Bachelor of Laws Degree or equivalent qualification from a
• Have Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Council for Legal Education
• Have been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
• Have a current Advocates Practicing Certificate
• Relevant work experience of not less than three (3) years in similar position
• Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
• Be proficient in computer applications
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on
Leadership and Integrity by obtaining clearance from higher education loans board
(HELB), Directorate of criminal Investigation (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority
(KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), and Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission (EACC).
• Participate in developing, implementing and reviewing legal policies and
procedures to ensure compliance
• Advising the company on legal matters
• Drawing and vetting of contracts, agreements and other legal documents
• Ensuring proper preparation of legal reports and opinions
Page 2 of 3
• Coordinating and liaising with external lawyers on all legal matters to ensure that
the Agency’s interests are taken care of
• Undertaking legal research
• Monitoring compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements
• Coordinating external legal mandates to investigate and resolve potential legal
issues with regard to financial instruments issued by donors
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)