Legal and HR Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
An investment holding company based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit Legal and HR Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing legal matters ranging from liaison with external counsels, advisory to the management of any relevant laws and regulations, drafting of SLAs, Company secretarial matters. Additionally, the position shall be responsible for generalist HR work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Diploma in Law.
Must Hold a Practicing Certificate in Law or HR.
- 2-6 years’ experience in law firm or legal counsel in a company.
- 2 – 3 years’ HR management experience.
- Knowledge of Kenya labor laws.
Must have experience of working with management in a complex business environment.
Must have experience working in a multi-national / matrix organization.
Must have experience in active participation in trade union & bargaining council negotiations.
Must be a Change agent.
- Experience anticipating issues, problem-solving and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated experience positively influencing and collaborating with business leaders.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen.
- Drafting and/or reviewing of commercial agreements, loan agreements, share transfers and similar.
- Assist with acquisitions, disposals and group restructuring.
- Organizing Board and General meetings for subsidiaries.
- Assisting in the preparation of pre-board and shareholders meetings documents/information packs, board resolutions.
- Track subsidiaries legal compliance.
- Liaise with subsidiaries’ administrators to ensure timely filing of statutory returns with the Registrar of Companies.
- Ensure timely renewal of company licenses and permits.
- Advise management on any legal changes regarding permits and licenses.
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities.
- Maintain group compliance on-line records and filing.
- Manage HR policies for the group.
- Ensure consistency of employment contracts and practices across the group.
- Assist subsidiaries in recruiting middle-management staff.
- Manage international relocations and intra-group transfers.
- Handle immigration issues and work permits on behalf of subsidiaries and group.
- Administer benefits contracted at the group level, e.g. medical cover and pension scheme.
- Maintain electronic records of key group personnel.
- Handle conflicts and disciplinary matters.
- Advise on statutory requirements for occupational health & safety matters.
- Manage full HR cycle and processes for selected companies.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)