Legal Company Secretary
AGFAM Investments LimitedKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 20 days left to apply for this job.
AGFAM Investments Limited is a limited liability company managing a largescale agriculture portfolio. The companies under the AGFAM agricultural portfolio include Legacy Ranchers, Africa Agro Solutions and Drury Agro Processing Limited.
We are searching for a competent legal advocate to act as the Official Company Secretary.
The Advocate shall under Non-Contentious and Contentious Matters of the Company, but otherwise:
- Legal Company Secretarial Services as envisaged under the Companies Act and generally accepted code of corporate practice in Uganda, in respect to limited liability companies.
- Provision of legal advice and peruse or draft and execute contracts, documents and correspondence arising out of any instructions and attend to The Company or its agents, travel within and outside Uganda and make and receive telephone calls, and faxes and electronic mail in relation to such matters and render legal advice and services on matters regarding its claims.
- Handle and conduct litigation, negotiation, Arbitration on behalf of The Company.
- To handle, matter following under these general subjects to with: -Companies; Mergers & acquisitions; Joint ventures; Securitization; Intellectual property; Conveyancing; Trusts; Work Permit processing, and such other instructions as the client shall desire.
- Pay a sum of UGX 5,000,000 (Five million only) excluding VAT & WHT towards file opening and accreditation with the Advocates, being a onetime payment.
- The Company will pay the Advocates a monthly fee of UGX 1,000,000 (One million shillings only) excluding VAT and inclusive of 6% WHT, per month and payable after completion of every month, commencing upon execution of this agreement. The first period of this contract will be (1) One Year, the Advocates should be allowed the access to evaluate the consultation volume of the Company, and retainer charge could be discussed after the first period of the contract.
- The Company shall pay pre negotiated and agreed to disbursements based on the nature of matter handled in Contentious, Non-contentious matters separately, in which case the Advocates shall make requisitions, as, and when the instructions of the Company shall require from time to time.
- The Parties agree that remuneration for Court Matters to the Advocate herein shall be as per the Advocates Act Chapter 267 rules of payment in the event of there being no lump sum payment negotiated and agreed to prior for instructions issued, from time to time on a case to case basis.
- The Advocate shall not take on any instructions from the Company without prior agreement on professional fees applicable.
For the avoidance of doubt, the reserved remuneration herein specified relates to non- contentious legal matters and excludes arbitrations and fully fledged litigations for which parties shall mutually agree to applicable fees.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Other Jobs at AGFAM Investments Limited
AGFAM Investments Limited / Kampala
Principal Town Agent -Kiwoko Town Council
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Consultancy - Moderator-East Africa Legal Aid Network Forum
Nairobi / International Development Law Organization
Legal Officer II
Kilifi / Kilifi County Public Service Board
Compliance and Enforcement Officer
Nairobi / Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority
Compliance and Enforcement Officer
Nairobi / The National Youth Council