Job verified by Fuzu
Oxfam | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
This role reports to the General Counsel, who is based in Oxford, and who reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The General Counsel is on the (extended) Oxfam International Management Team, and also reports to the Chief Executive and to the Chair of the Board of Supervisors as required.The General Counsel is also General Counsel of Oxfam GB.
- To work with the Oxfam International Risk and Assurance Group to provide legal input into the Confederation’s risk management processes, and will maintain an overview of and communicate relevant legal developments in Africa to colleagues
- To assist with training on legal issues
- To review Oxfam’s Quarterly Management Report and annual reporting from countries and regions, to identify legal issues and help resolve them.
- To support investigations, including in relation to fraud, aid diversion, and, if suitably trained, safeguarding.
To monitor trends in the space for civic society in Africa, and its potential impact on Oxfam.
To support the implementation of data privacy rules across the Confederation, and the development and implementation of Binding Corporate Rules.
- To provide input as required into country and regional programs, particularly in Africa, on employment and taxation issues, working with HR colleagues.
- To support Oxfam’s campaigning and advocacy work, in particular with support on the risk management of the work in Africa.
- To develop and maintain Oxfam’s International Litigation Register, and liaise with relevant insurance leads across the Confederation.
- To support the Oxfam Head of Governance in tandem with the General Counsel in legal inputs to Confederation governance issues, including supporting the development of policies and standard operating procedures.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Risk management; Compliance; Tax law; Legal counseling; Legal analysis; Human rights; Judicial processes and litigationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply