We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Officer to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure
Our Ideal candidate would need to have the following key attributes:
● Bsc. Law (minimum of second class lower).
● Member of the Kenyan Bar Association.
● An advocate of the high court of Kenya will be an added advantage
● Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
● Good research skills and excellent written & verbal communication skills.
● Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization's objectives.
● Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
● Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
● Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
● Draft a wide variety of legal agreements according to the Kenyan Laws
● Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
● Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
● Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
● Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
● Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
● Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
● Analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board.
● Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
● Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
● Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
● Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
● Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
● Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
● Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
● Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application: