Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
To ensure effective and efficient management of the Legal department, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
• Receive demand letters, summons and statutory notices on behalf of the company advice and action on the best way forward in liaison with Claims department.
• Appoint external advocates to defend frivolous claims in court immediately the company is served with summons.
• Assess genuine claims that can be settled out of court upon receipt of demand letters, and initiate negotiations with third party advocates to save the company on costs.
• Provide a legal opinion on all matters filed in court or being negotiated out of court.
• Liaise with brokers or directly with insured persons to ensure that external advocates have all the required supporting documents to defend the company.
• Upon analysis of a claim, Issue appropriate instructions to external Advocates to ensure expedient settlement of claims.
• Assessment of Advocates fee notes to ensure that they are in line with the provisions of the Advocates Remuneration Order.
• To check and confirm if a claim is statutorily time barred under tort or contract before accepting service of summons.
• Review of all outstanding claims on a semi-annual basis.
• Ensure recoveries are pursued aggressively against negligent third parties and liaise with lawyers in the panel on matters that are in court.
• Manage external lawyers on a day to day basis and ensure that the cases in court are handled in the best interests of the company.
• Review all contracts and any other documentation where the company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
• Prepare, review, negotiate and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)